You love the blog, so subscribe to the Beervana Podcast on iTunes or Soundcloud today!

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Vignette #5, Jean Van Roy (Cantillon)

Brewer vignettes feature quotes from brewers I picked up in my travels around the world.

“I taste first my old lambic.  If I have a mellow lambic with some soft beer, I can work with two- and one-year-old with mild character. If I have an old beer with character, I have to find other types of beer.  Each blend is different. The beer is very good, but you have this small flavor in the beer, so it’s never the same. Never. You never know what you will discover.  That’s why lambic is so fun.”

“No one, no brewers on the earth, can have the same rapport, the same feeling with his beer. In French we have a sentence. We say, 'tout est dans tout.'  If I translate it: 'Everything is in everything.'  In this brewery, everything is playing a role in the final product.  Everything.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment